“Smart girls are the overthinkers, the insecure ones, the different ones. They know what the real world is like. They analyze every little thing in life. Why? to avoid getting hurt. To find happiness. They stay up at night trying to think about every possible situation to get through all the problems. They think too much. They trust less people. Their insecurity proves their respect towards themselves. Of course they try to live away from the drama-filled life. Smart girls know their worth, now that’s the ones worth keeping by your side.”
Now why does this sound more like me?
Well…Hello world. There, I said it.
I have decided put this site to use, years after acquiring it. Why, I ask myself. I find more than one reason peeping back. A decade of training enforcing structured thinking prompts me to list them all down here, in a ordered list, bulleted by numbers, in the decreasing order of their significance. Should I cave in? Maybe I will.
- Err.. Before I get on with this, I forgot to tell you that, the posts here will be my daily journals. Yes, I intend to use this blog as my diary. Now,I can start with my list of reasons.<reset list>
- Being a dreamer, I find writing daily journals quite engaging and often fun. At the very least, it has never failed to change my mood for good, given that I have spent enough time with it. Venting out the emotions is such a relief. Its like blurting it all out to your best friend without the fear of him/her judging you. Thats the best part. Being a super conscious ass that I unfortunately am, trying to mould the opinions of you in every other head is job no less taxing than convincing Voldy to FedEx all his horcruxes to Dumbledore. So its such a relief to talking out without a care about what to say and what not to say. Of course there are long term advantages of you being able to wear the ‘the reflective you’ cap and looking back trough your strengths and weaknesses. That should go without saying. Not that I think its any less important…jus saying.
- I believe its a great way to introduce myself to the world. Long distance down the lane, when I hope to be writing public blog posts about my life, I will have my life on the web. For everyone to see and to know me just at the distance of a few clicks (and more than few key hits too, of course). A more than a great way of involving people at large in my life. Oh! I would so love the attention!
- My writings and my English. Making people around me happy is part of my life-job description. I’m downloaded on this planet with that objective set but with no clear instructions as to how to achieve it. I fumbled around, shook a few trees, turned a handful of stones and finally settled down with storytelling as my divine answer. But there was a problem. A rather dire one at it. (in a whisper) My storytelling skills are poorer than those I need. Its never late to do the right thing, right? That brings me here in the extravagant hope that with each passing daily-post, with each key stroke I hit, I will, one day, turn into a Salman Rushdie/Lewis Carroll/Rowling .
- Memories and learnings. Don’t you think its a sweet idea to save all your memories and a wise one to document all you petty learnings which might one day sum up into a truly profound philosophy or something? You can not disagree on this with me.
There you go. having provided myself rosy reasons why I should do this, the next question would be how. Or rather what. What should go in here? With all honesty, I am clueless. Lets keep it open for now and see how it goes. Fair enough?
P.S. If you find many a too ‘one day’s in the post, attribute that to the visionary in me.